2. What Information Do We Collect?We collect two types of information regarding our Visitors and Users:
- Un-identified and non-identifiable information pertaining to a Visitor or un-identified User, which may be made available to us, or collected automatically via his/her use of the Services (“Non-personal Information”). Such Non-personal Information does not enable us to identify the Visitor or User from whom it was collected. The Non-personal Information collected by us mainly consists of technical and aggregated usage information, such as Visitors’ and Users’ browsing and ‘click-stream’ activity on the Services, session heatmaps and scrolls, non-identifying information regarding the Visitor’s or User’s device, the computer name, operating system, internet browser, referring/exit pages, date/time stamps, etc.
- Individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable efforts cause the identification of an individual, or may be of private or sensitive nature (“Personal Information”). The Personal Information collected by us mainly consists of contact details (e.g., e-mail address or phone number), billing details (name, physical billing address, payment method and transaction details), Personal authentication questions, computer name, details regarding a browsing or usage session (IP address, Geo-location and/or device unique identifier), correspondences (including those made through or uploaded to our Services), and any other Personal Information provided to us by Visitors and/or Users through their access to and/or use of the Services. For the avoidance of doubt, any Non-personal Information that is connected or linked to Personal Information (for example, in order to improve the Services we offer) is deemed and treated by us as Personal Information, as long as such connection or linkage exists.
3. How Do We Collect Such Information?There are two main methods that we use:
- We collect information through your use of the Services. In other words, when you are visiting or using our Services, including when you browse the Website or your Web Account, register a User Account, upload information, and/or download and use any of AlertSec Apps and/or Mobile Apps. We are aware of that it may gather, collect and record such uses, sessions and related information, either independently or with the help of third-party services as detailed in Section 6 below, including through the use of “cookies” and other tracking technologies, as further detailed in Section 7 below.
- We collect information which you provide to us voluntarily. For example, we collect the Personal Information you provide us when you register for our Services; when you place purchases; when you submit or upload such Personal Information as you use any of our Services; and/or when you contact us directly. If you provide us with Personal Information, other than your own, we will treat that information as yours, and assume that you have attained the authorisation to upload the information on behalf of the user.
4. Why Do We Collect Such Information?We collect such Non-personal and Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide and operate the Services;
- To provide our Users with ongoing customer assistance and technical support;
- To be able to contact our Visitors and Users with general or personalized service-related notices and promotional messages (as further detailed in Section 8 below);
- To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-personal Information, which we may use to provide and improve our service;
- To enhance our data security and fraud prevention capabilities;
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.